Thursday 25th November is White Ribbon Day which is followed by a 16 days of action initiative to end male violence against women.
Each year, thousands of people, organisations and education establishments make the White Ribbon Promise, wear a White Ribbon and raise awareness.
This year, Wyke Sixth Form College will be supporting the cause with a variety of staff and student led initiatives including:
- Wearing black and white on campus day
- Promotion of the cause in tutorials and staff briefings
- A “make the promise” station in the Atrium
- Student performances around this sensitive topic
- An informative presentation by our Student Executive
- Creative writing activities
- Wearing the white ribbon
- Fundraising events
- The promotion of help and support agencies throughout college
- 16 days of action following the 25th November
We aim to help provide greater understanding amongst our young people, staff and the wider college community about what needs to change along with ensuring people know where to find help.
Want to find out more or get involved? Visit: https://www.whiteribbon.org.uk/day or speak with a member of our Progress Tutor Team.
#WhiteRibbon #AllMenCan #MakeThePromise