Remote Learning Offer
At Wyke we have planned our response to the coronavirus pandemic through three potential scenarios.
|Scenario||Onsite / remote||Notes|
|A||Fully open||Significant measures in place to ensure maximum distancing possible.
Alterations to the timetable to minimise shared social times.
|B||50:50 onsite : remote||Retain full timetable
Week 1 = Year 1, Week 2 = Year 2
All remote classes to be delivered at the timetabled time and from the college campus
|C||Fully remote||Retain normal timetable
All classes delivered at the timetabled time either from the college campus or remotely.
In each of these scenarios we will deliver all classes as per the student’s timetable.
Minimum standards for all remote sessions:
Irrespective of which scenario we are in all lessons, tutorials, support and enrichments will be delivered as per the timetable.
All remote sessions will:
- Be delivered live via the Teams platform
- Have a register taken with attendance marks recorded on the system
- Include a live element that, as a minimum, reviews prior learning, checks of understanding of the tasks set and provides some form of wellbeing activity
Support for students without devices, connectivity or a suitable environment for learning
We are now well set up for students who have connectivity issues. We have spent over £150k on supporting their education and are grateful for the kind support of the University of Hull with this important work. If you encounter new connectivity issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Access for students having to self–isolate
In the event of a student having to self–isolate they will be able to access their lessons in the following ways:
If the lesson is being delivered remotely then they can access in the normal way
If the lesson is being delivered on site staff will ensure students have access by either:
- Live streaming the lesson via Teams
- Pre-recording the lesson materials and sharing these on either Teams or Moodle
- Providing lesson resources for students to study