What is the Pre-Medical Programme?
Wyke’s well established Pre-Medical Programme supports students who are looking to pursue a career within Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
This is a two year enrichment programme which runs alongside students core study programme. Over the last 3 years, the Programme has successfully supported 24 students secure places on these university courses.
What are the aims of the Programme?
The Programme has three main aims:
- Inspire our most able students to investigate these careers and see if these are areas they be may interested in pursuing.
- Help students who are already interested in these careers and ensure that they have explored the careers and are fully prepared.
- Support students in making a successful application to these highly competitive degrees.
How is the Programme delivered?
The Pre-Medical Programme aims to regularly expose students to these careers and support them throughout their journey through:
- Supporting students throughout each stage of the highly competitive application process.
- Give students regular exposure to these careers through regular talks with NHS professionals and current Medical, Dentistry and Veterinary Science students
- Helping students secure essential work experience placements
- Preparing students for the admissions tests
- Interview advice, guidance and practice
- Regular workshops and lectures
- Visits to universities