The Wyke Sixth Form College Sports Academies offers talented young male and female students the opportunity to combine performance and academic excellence.
The College has a reputation for producing high quality sports stars and many of these students go on to earn regional and international honours. Students who successfully earn a place in one of the sports academies will receive 8-10 hours of expert coaching and sports science support. This includes technical, tactical, strength and conditioning coaching for all players. Further support is also offered in the form of nutritional advice and psychological and physiotherapy support.
One of the unique aspects to Wyke’s Sports Academies is that no matter which subject area you study, you can become part of the Sports Academies. Additional support is on hand to tailor a balanced personalised learning programme to ensure that all students meet all of their academic targets. The Academy Managers will liaise closely with personal tutors to ensure all students maintain progress within their area of study.
Sports Academies are currently available in;
The sports academies will provide;
- Expert technical and tactical coaching
- Performance analysis
- Physiological conditioning
- Psychological development workshops
- Nutritional advice, guidance and support
- Access to sports therapy
- Opportunities to gain additional sports qualifications
- Outdoor floodlit 3rd generation synthetic turf pitch
- Multi-Use Games Area
- Sports Hall with performance standard wooden sprung flooring
- Use of fitness suite
- Professionally maintained grass pitches
- Sports massage/rehab base
- 6 classrooms fully equipped with interactive and specialist ILT facilities
- Aspire to achieve academic and sporting excellence
- Submit academic work to deadline
- Excellent level of attendance (academic and performance sessions)
- Adhere to Academy and College Code of Conduct