Our Wyke Flyers programme consists of additional events and activities that we offer to students who are academic highflyers.
The aim of the programme is to support and provide academic challenge to students and provide pathways and support to access top performing institutions in the UK and beyond.
The Flyers programme is not designed to pressure students in any way, and indeed most of its elements are optional. Initially we look for students who have achieved an average of “A grades” across their GSCE profile. The programme is also not exclusive; throughout the year students with excellent progress at Wyke will be able to join the programme.
The key strands of the Wyke Flyers programme are:
- Senior mentoring by a named member of senior staff.
- Russell Group university visits.
- Oxbridge preparation through trips, conferences and HE+ events.
- Senior staff supervisor for EPQ
- Planned foreign exchange opportunities
Year after year Wyke Flyers use the benefits of the programme to progress onto Oxbridge or to start careers in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.