BTEC Level 2 IT & Creative Media Technology
The BTEC Level 2 in Information and Creative Media Technology has been designed primarily for learners who want a vocationally focused introduction to this area of study. It has been developed to:
● give learners the potential opportunity to enter employment within a wide range of job roles across the Information Technology sector and some aspects of the creative industries, such as Website Content Manager, Computer Animator and Graphic Designer.
● inspire and enthuse learners to become technology savvy – producers of technology products and systems and not just consumers
● give learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the Information Technology sector and some aspects of the creative industries e.g. electronic publishing or multimedia production.
● explore the fundamentals of technology and gain the practical skills, knowledge and understanding to design, make and review: information technology systems and products, e.g. a relational database, creative technology products, e.g. a digital animation, products that combine information technology and creative technology, e.g. a website
● encourage personal development, motivation and confidence, through practical participation and by giving learners responsibility for their own projects
● encourage learners to develop their people, communication, planning and team-working skills by having the opportunity to select from optional units available in the qualification structure
● support progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship